1982, Trek, 614, frame/fork, light blue, pics, 24", $100 (craigslist / Baltimore)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      1982, Trek, 614, frame/fork, light blue, pics, 24", $100 (craigslist / Baltimore)

      Trek 614 Road Frame and Fork - $100 (Joppa, Harford Cnty)

      Date: 2010-01-31, 1:16PM EST
      Reply to: sale-bxqkr-1579362295@...

      For sale is a 1982 Trek 614 Frame and fork. Frame is Reynolds 531 Double butted Cro-moly steel for the main Tubes, and Ishitawa Mangalloy steel for stays and fork. It is 24in from center of Bottom Bracket to top of seat post and
      sShould fit riders from 6 to 6’ 3”. I am 6’2” and this was my commuter bike for the last 8 years or so and has served me well. I would still be riding it, but I rode my friend’s 25in bike frame and found it more comfortable. So I got a bigger frame, but not a better one.. This frame is well taken care of but does show some rust where the cables kept water in contact with the frame. I normally sand these down and repaint during my overhauls so the frame has been touched up throughout its life with me. If I were to buy this frame I would definitely get it powdercoated (I did that with my current commuter, Much more durable than paint)
      The frame comes with a sealed Nashbar Headset, and a bottom bracket. There are braze-ons on the down tube for a water cage, and on the rear seat stays for a rear rack. Frame was designed for 27in wheels so you may need long reach brakes if you plan n using 700s. Even with 27in wheels there was plenty of room for fenders. Rear spacing is 126mm But can be spread to accept a 130 rear wheel (Steel is very forgiving). I believe it takes a 27.2 seat post. You can get more information about frame geometry at http://www.vintage-trek.com/images/trek/Trek3.pdf
      This is an excellent quality frame that has plenty of life in it. I thought I’d try Craigslist first before putting it on Ebay. I am 5 minutes from Exit 74 on I-95. Cash at pick up only. Thanks

      Location: Joppa, Harford Cnty

      http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bik/1579362295.html