1982, Mystery Custom Road, blue, pics, 55cm, $775 (craigslist / Portland)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      1982, Mystery Custom Road, blue, pics, 55cm, $775 (craigslist / Portland)

      ------------------------------------

      1982 Custom Road Bike (55 cm) - $775 (Inner NE)

      Date: 2010-01-03, 3:08PM PST
      Reply to: sale-6n4nh-1535785281@...

      Just in time for wonderful winter riding!

      I bought this bike as a project a year ago (I thought I would ride it also but it is a bit too small). Too bad because it is a great bike. The steel frame, fork, and stem were custom built in Corvallis in the early 80's, the date proven by a bike registration tag for 1982. It is a lightweight bike for its time, and strong enough to handle light touring. The furthest I took it was to Helvetia and back, and it performed better than expected.

      I received the bike with all original components, and revamped as many as possible. There were some parts that I did replace, including: Nashbar leather grip tape, front and rear Kenda gum wall tires, new tubes, custom bamboo fenders (salvaged and restored from wonderful Citybikes), new brake hoods and a new bottom bracket assembly (loose bearing).

      Original Parts:

      Frame: Custom Steel 55cm
      Fork: Custom Steel
      Stem: Custom
      Handlebar: Nitto International Aluminum
      Headset: Levin Tenge alloy
      Front Derailleur: Suntour
      Rear Derailleur: Shimano Crane
      Crankset: Sugino
      Pedals: Sakae Ringo
      Brakes: Diacompe
      Wheels: Rigida Aluminum 27"
      Seat: Brooks B-15 Champion

      Thanks for checking this bike out. It was buckets of fun fixing and it needs to be ridden! If you are interested, call Tim at 971 237 4218.

      Location: Inner NE

      http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/1535785281.html