Dawes, Audax Giro, $375 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
      Dawes, Audax Giro, $375 (craigslist / San Francisco)

      Not mine ...

      ---------------------------------

      Dawes Competitive Touring Bicycle - $375 (oakland north / temescal)

      Date: 2010-01-03, 9:08PM PST
      Reply to: sale-cebdm-1536199199@...

      Steel 51cm Dawes Audax Giro Competition Touring Bicycle:
      I purchased this bicycle in Paris, France used last winter. I have rode +2000 miles on it. This sturdy, red ant has hauled me and 50-100lbs of gear through France and from Paris to Utrecht. It guided me from San Diego to Berkeley and back.With Reynolds 531 tubing, I have trusted this bike with my life (and my future generations) through the rain over muddied, farm roads, on freeways, and the cliff-hugging roads of Big Sur. It is hard for me to part with this vehicle, but it's time.

      -3x8 speed Shimano components.
      -Practically brand new STI Shimano Sora shifters. They have about 50miles on them.
      -700c Mavic 36-spoke wheel set has about 1000 miles on them.
      -Red Look pedals (can switch for caged pedals)
      -Front Blackburn racks
      -Rear Giant Rack with back light
      -Handlebar detachable pouch with map-holder
      -Basic speedometer/avg. speed/mileage-meter/trip-meter/clock computer
      -Two water bottle cages (the picture only includes one, but I have another I will attach)
      -Mini under-seat patch-kit pouch
      -Will include pink fenders if desired

      I have cleaned out the cassette and chain-rings. I have new tubes, with decent, but used Continental and Michelin tires.
      I recently attached an extra long stem. This has made long-rides way more comfortable.

      See below for a picture of a ding on the top tube. I purchased the bike with that ding. The Frenchman who sold it to me couldn't tell me what had happened. I stopped worrying about it as soon as I took the bike for it's first spin through the bumpy streets of Paris. I later read about the superiority of Reynolds 531 tubing and further reassured myself that the damage was mostly aesthetic. I have had one real spill in the rain in Belgium and a minor one in Berkeley, but in both cases there were never any negative consequences on the bike or extended damage relating to the ding (just my ego!).

      This is the bike that showed me how to really ride. The steel defended me through rough, windy towns. It took me through the rain of the Netherlands and showed me what adventure really means. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this bike, but I know that it can show it's next rider the time of their life.

      Please feel free to call me weekdays 6:30pm-10:00pm and any time on the weekends. You can text or e-mail me anytime with any questions you may have.

      858-663-1329

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1536199199.html