1973, Schwinn, World Voyageur, orange, pics, 23", $400 (craigslist / Houston)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      1973, Schwinn, World Voyageur, orange, pics, 23", $400 (craigslist / Houston)

      1973 Schwinn "World Voyageur" - $400 (Hardy Toll Road & Parker)

      Date: 2009-12-01, 6:16PM CST
      Reply to: sale-5bqns-1490629421@...

      Up for sale is my 1973 Schwinn World Voyageur. It's a bike commissioned by Schwinn for Panasonic to build under a different brand. It was
      made for only ONE YEAR, and that is 1973. This makes it one of the rarest Schwinn bikes out there. The only place it mentions the Schwinn company
      is in tiny lettering on the seat tube. Chrome underneath the paint on the entire bike to limit corrosion, with the chrome showing through the head lugs, rear stays,
      and fork tips. This bike was one notch under the Paramount in the only year it was produced. Frame is 23 inches on this rare beauty. Sunset orange paint
      is in very good condition for a 36 year old bike. Suntour bar end shifters with early dura ace cranks, Dia Compe center pull brakes, and Crane rear derailleur. Original
      orange wrap is in AMAZING condition. Brooks saddle is NOT included. It will have a saddle on it, but not the Brooks. Seriously though, these don't pop up very often, and they ride as only a high end vintage Schwinn can. Tires are brand spanking new Panaracer Pasela Tourguard tires with less than 20 miles on them. I need the cash to rebuild the transmission on my truck, so no hagglers please. This isn't a Continental or Varsity, it is a high end bike in very good condition for it's age.

      http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/1490629421.html