Re: Wheel balancing/truing

  • christopher mehlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      Hi, y'all,
      After about six months of bicycle commuting, the rear wheel on my RB-2 has come pretty far "out of round". While I balance the wheel for side-to-side play about every week, I have never taken on the "roundness" issue. I understand that you need to put the wheel in a truing frame (?). Anyone know the best way to do this? Can I build a truing frame? Can I leave the tire on the frame? Should I put Loctite on the spokes when I'm through? Can I do a good enough job just spinning the wheel on an upside-down bicycle? Or should I leave this to my friendly, neighborhood bicycle mechanic?
      Thanks,
      Chris