Gitane, 56cm, $300 (craigslist / Philadelphia)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Gitane, 56cm, $300 (craigslist / Philadelphia)

      Not mine ... (pics on site -- that I can't see)

      Vintage Gitane road bike w/Shimano 600 component group $300 OBO - $300 (langhorne)

      Date: 2009-09-30, 12:26PM EDT
      Reply to: sale-fez2n-1399724658@...

      Vintage Gitane road bike

      Double butted Super vitus 971 steel frame http://www.classicrendezvous.com/France/Vitus_history.htm

      56 cm seat tube and 56 cm top tube

      Front and rear Shamino hubs with quick release

      Mavic module E 700c rims

      Shamino free hub w/six speed cassette

      Shamino 600 front and rear derailleur

      Shamino 600 aluminum alloy crank w/alloy chain rings

      Shamino bottom bracket

      Shamino 600 alloy 1 inch threaded headset

      Shamino 600 alloy brake levers

      Shamino 600 alloy break calipers with quick cam release

      One inch Alloy quill stem

      Christoph special toe clips

      Sugino alloy seat tube and seat clamp

      Vetta gel saddle

      Brand new 700 x 25c tires

      New bar tape

      New break pads

      This Gitane road bike is from the early 80s with beautiful Shimano 600 “arabesque” components and mavic wheels. It dose have some scratches in the pant in some spots
      But nothing severe. This bike is very light and fast with quick responsive handling.
      All of the gears shift smoothly and the breaks stop quick. If you have been looking for a nice vintage road bike and not just an old 12 speed, then this is it. It has frount and rear eyelet braze-ons to run with racks or fenders.

      This bike has been fully tuned, cleaned and relubed. It has brand new tires bar tape and break pads

      I can meet at ether trevose or neshaminy falls stations on the R3 line if you need to take the train

      Location: langhorne

      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/1399724658.html