1974 TELEDYNE TITAN

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      1974 TELEDYNE TITAN .....THIS TITANIUM BICYCLE CHANGED HISTORY!<http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/1350697273.html>
      Cheers CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend washington, DC craigslist > district of columbia > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      1974 TELEDYNE TITAN .....THIS TITANIUM BICYCLE CHANGED HISTORY! - $599 (d.c.)

      Date: 2009-08-30, 9:33PM EDT
      Reply to: sale-bf9cp-1350697273@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      This is an amazingly great deal for this rare campy loaded bicycle. I bought this beautiful 1974 Teledyne Titan not from a bike shop but from an antique store. To bring this beauty up to speed, I put on all new tires, tubes, cable housing, cables, and bar tape and had the hub overhauled and front wheel rebuilt by City Bikes with a spankin'-new Sun rim. I even printed out Teledyne stickers to make this as snazzy as it was in the summer of '74. I really wanted to make this my main ride but, alas, I just could not get used to riding a 60 cm. frame (center to center) so it's just languishing in the corner of my bedroom.

      The Titans were designed and hand-built by an elite racer named Barry Harvey working alongside a team of the nation's top aerospace engineers. Fewer than 2,000 of these bikes were ever built, and I doubt many of them are still around today, let alone in amazingly great shape. The ride is super comfortable yet responsive at only 21 lbs. More specs to keep you drooling below:

      * Almost all original Campy parts including the seat post, cranks, hi-flange hubs, shifters, and front and rear derailleurs ( I have been told that the rear derailleur is very rare and highly sought after on it's own, but I can't bear to take it off)
      * Gali brakes with Campy levers
      * TTT bar and stem
      * Suntour superb pro petals
      * Shimano headset (newer so must have been replaced)
      * 27x1 1/4 rims...Italian Ambrosio rear, new Sun rim front
      * New Seca tires and tubes
      * Comfy Italian suede seat

      Get in touch anytime if you want to take a look or take it out for a spin! Cash only ....sorry, I will not ship. You could chop shop this bike and the parts alone are worth more than the asking price for the whole bicycle!

      a.. Location: d.c.
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests