1964, Carlton, Catalina, red, pics, 60cm, $400 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      1964, Carlton, Catalina, red, pics, 60cm, $400 (craigslist / San Francisco)

      1964 Carlton - $400 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

      Date: 2009-09-02, 4:17PM PDT
      Reply to: sale-8p8by-1355689281@...

      This is a 1964 Carlton Catalina. I have tried to keep it as close to original as possible.

      FOR TALL RIDERS - 60cm FRAME (riders shorter than 6'-1" need not apply)
      The frame is hand-built from Reynolds 531 tubing.
      Classic 10-speed configuration with 52/40 chainrings
      Original Huret Allvix derailleur, down-tube shifters
      Saddle is Brooks B17

      This bike is a cross between a bicycle and an art form. If you area connoisseur of great bicycles, this bike will be an interest to you.

      I maintain this bike myself. Just finished going through both hubs, derailleur, headset, and crank. Bike is like a fine Swiss watch.

      Selling it because my son doesn't ride it any longer (and frame is a bit tall for me).

      Carlton Bicycles Ltd has a long history of hand building bicycles. It was sold to Raleigh Bicycles Ltd in the mid-60's. For a couple of years, the bikes were sold under the Carlton-Raleigh name, but in the late 60's the Carlton name was dropped completely. Ah, the end of a great era.

      Dave
      Ph: 925.216.1575

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1355689281.html