Late 1980s, Giant, touring, grey/blue, pics, 59cm, $445 (craigslist / Portland)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009
      Late 1980s, Giant, touring, grey/blue, pics, 59cm, $445 (craigslist / Portland)

      59cm Road Touring Bike - Handbuilt in Holland - Butted Lug Steel Frame - $445 (Hawthorne District)

      Date: 2009-08-05, 10:31AM PDT
      Reply to: sale-mrzst-1307298471@...

      Used for Loaded Touring in Europe during the late 80's. Retired for the last 10+ years in storage. Frame rides straight with "no hands" steering. Seat tube is 59cm & standover height is 33.5 inches. Fits Riders 5'11" or taller.

      There are several paint scratches ( I will clean and touch up). No dings / No Repairs / No Crashes / No Abuse. This bike has been on several tours and will deliver many more!

      Purchased in the Netherlands (home of Koga-Miyata). Built by Giant Bicycles for the European Market. Extended wheelbase for a stable / comfortable ride with loaded racks / panniers. Shimano Triple Front Crank & 6 speed rear cluster.
      Cantilever Brakes with Kool Stop Brake pads for extra stopping power ( you need this going downhill with extra weight!)
      Drilled for internal routing of wires for you lighting system (like the Specialized Expedition).

      Randonnuer Style Drop Handlebars and Italian Leather seat - very comfortable for the 100+ days in the saddle. I have ridden the Miyata 1000, Specialized Expedition, Trek 520, Surly Longhauler, Rivendell Atlantis and Bruce Gordon Touring Bikes.
      My bike will offer comparable performance whether you are traveling across town to work or travel across the Continent on your "Ultimate Adventure on Two Wheels".

      Loaded with Front & Rear Racks & Fenders. I can offer a U-Lock & Cable too.

      "Handbuilt in Holland" is noted on the driveside chain stay and chain loop protector (last image)

      Email me back with your questions.......I would suggest you test ride a couple of high end touring bikes before you test ride mine. To compare and verify my assessment of this bike.

      Thanks for Looking!

      Location: Hawthorne District

      http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/1307298471.html