1980s, Performance, Blue Ridge, touring frameset, 52cm, B/O (craigslist / Dallas)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009
      1980s, Performance, Blue Ridge, touring frameset, 52cm, B/O (craigslist / Dallas)

      Not mine ... (pics on site -- that I can't see)

      Performance Blue Ridge touring Bicycle frame and fork - $1 (Midlothian)

      Date: 2009-08-05, 9:05AM CDT
      Reply to: sale-47qfh-1306900866@...

      I have this really cool bike frame that was sold by Performance Bicycle shops back in the 80's. This was a very high end frame made from Columbus tubes including the fork. The fork and rear stay's are all chrome. It has a Campy bottom bracket. front and rear campy droupouts. There is also a Shimano 600 alloy sealed bearing headset on it to boot. It has water bottle brazons on the bottom side of the down tube as well as on top. Notice the painted hearts and the Columbus dove stamped on the frame and painted white. The frame is 52 cm on the seat tube as well as the top tube so its a smallish frame. It has eyelets for racks and fenders and very nice lugs. This is pretty much a one of a kind bicycle as I have never seen one like it and cant find anything about it on the web. The campy bottom bracket shows no wear and has been cleaned and re-greased and is smooth as butter. The bike came with 700C wheels as well. I have lots of bike parts to build it up so if your needing other parts to go with the frame we can talk about that when you purchase the frame. I am excepting offers in person nothing through emails or over the phone because I'm really tired of helping people practice their negotiating skills when they really don't even plan to buy. If its something you are really interested in and want to build up lets make a deal in person after you know you really like and want the frame which can only be determined in person. I'm not wanting an arm and a leg for it but I'm not willing to give it to you because your broke either. I'm more apt to take an offer from a serious fellow bike lover then some goober trying to snag a deal to make a quick buck. I have lots of bikes and lots of parts so if no one is interested in building it up it will hang on the wall till someone comes along. Again make a reasonable cash offer in person and its yours! I may consider trading for other decient bike stuff but I ride a 58cm frame and don't want any 27 inch wheel stuff. email me if interested.

      Location: Midlothian

      http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/1306900866.html