59cm '91 RB-1 _ $1,000

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2009
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1265245026.html

      Bridgestone RB-1 1991 59cm near mint condition

      1991 Bridgestone RB-1 59cm (Bridgestone measures ctt so this is similar to a 57.5/58 ctc). Maybe 500 miles on this frame and around 100 on the parts. Looks like it was built up yesterday. I rode w/ a different group to keep the original parts minty. No signs of wear on the rims or other parts, which include Shimano 600 shifters, Ishiwata tubes, Sugino cranks, and Nitto welded (great welds) stem and bars. Saddle has a minor tear in the vinyl�.these Avocets are very comfortable (had one on an MB2 for around 10 years) but I think Bridgestone didn�t spend on saddles as they were often swapped out. Tires are Japan-made and period correct but I�d replace before any serious riding. No pedals.

      The bike rides really nicely. Tracks perfectly and is very responsive and stable on descents. Feels as good as my DeRosa but the top tube is a bit longer and probably a bit long for me.

      I�d assume most of you know about RB-1s but if not�or for a refresher, here�s a link to the 1991 catalog with a description, geometry, full parts listing and pics of Pineapple Bob.

      http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1991/index.htm

      Per Grant Peterson, the 1991 production was among the best�.when they�d gotten their geometry and component selection act together and before the yen made Japanese production too expensive. Any questions or hi res pics let me know.

      $1,000.