Early '80s, Trek, 900-ish(?), silver/blue, pics, 56cm, $650 (craigslist / New York)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 7:13 AM
      Early '80s, Trek, 900-ish(?), silver/blue, pics, 56cm, $650 (craigslist / New York)

      Trek w/ Campagnolo Cinelli components - $650 (Nyack, NY)

      Reply to: sale-yfhup-1259587589@...
      Date: 2009-07-08, 1:12PM EDT

      The pictures will tell you more than I can -- a mid ('84?) American-made Trek steel (Columbus tubing) road frame, standover about 34" (I think its a 56cm frame). My dad had swapped a couple things to his Colnago, but for the most part you have Campy Record (and maybe some Super Record, but I can't be sure) components -- brakes & levers, friction shifters, headset, cranks & chainrings, bottom bracket, hubs & cluster, Campy Rally rear derailleur, Cinelli stem and bars, a classic Ideale leather saddle, all in excellent condition. I hardly ever ride, so I may as well sell it to put some work into my mountain bike. You are free to check it out, if you want -- I'm in Nyack, NY, near the Tappan Zee bridge.

      If you've never ridden a steel frame roadie, you'll be amazed. This bike climbs like a gazelle, responds tight and quick.
      I have a ton of pictures -- e-mail me if you want to see details of the components. You could part it out and make a ton more than what I'm asking, but this bike should not be parted out. It's got too much soul.

      Location: Nyack, NY

      http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/bik/1259587589.html