Gitane road bike, vintage, french, beautiful, $400 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004

      Gitane road bike, vintage, french, beautiful, $400 - $400 (mission district)

      Reply to: ceeright@...
      Date: 2004-09-01, 10:00PM PDT

      For sale a beautiful 70's Gitane. Meassures 25", roughly 62 cm, short legs need
      not apply. Professionally repainted. Newer fork with recessed brake bolt.
      Components are mixed; Campy high flange hubs, Rigida 27" red label rims,
      Shimano freewheel, Dura Ace long reach brakes, Shimano 105 brake levers, Sakae
      anatomic bend bars, Stronglight comp. headset,(French thread), Suntour Cyclone
      deralailuers, Sugino Super Mighty cranks and drilled chainrings, Viscount race
      seat, short Bilremo stem, Christophe steel toe clips on standard Jap. race
      pedals, sleek allen key skewers, brand new chain, cables, and cork bar tape,
      all bearings recently repacked/greased, tires are nuthin' fancy but in great
      condition. This bike is great. This bike is a bit too big for me, I'm about 6'.
      $400 and yer on the road. Check it out any evening or weekend.

      http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/41235788.html