FS: 1991 Giant Excursion Touring, 57cm, $250 (Springfield, MO)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      This one is mine!

      -----------------------

      Pics: <http://home.mchsi.com/~bhufford3/giant.html>

      For Sale: 1991 Giant Excursion full touring bike. 57cm seat tube (c-c), 58cm
      top tube (c-c), 46cm chain stays (c-c), 126mm rear spacing. Two bottle braze-
      ons, pump peg, front and rear rack braze-ons. Bottom bracket generator
      (operated by brazed-on lever on back of seat tube). I bought this bike used a
      couple of years ago as a frame/bars/stem/shifters and added 27" wheels off of
      a '85 Trek 720 tourer, crank off of a '85 Schwinn Voyageur and derailleurs from
      the parts box. I replaced the fenders (as the originals cracked in shipping --
      it was a cold December) with new SKS, but have not wired up the lights and
      can't swear that the generator functions. The seat post and bottom bracket were
      NOS when I installed them. The crank seems to have a slight bend in the spider
      or rings -- I haven't pulled it apart to mess with it -- may not be worth the
      trouble. The saddle was tossed on for the photos after I sold the Schwinn
      branded Avocet Touring II that was on it and is a bit flaired along the sides
      (excuse the bad angle in the photos). There are a few paint chips/scratches in
      the purple-ish paint (stays, on the seat tube where the pump butted against it,
      etc.), a bit of white scuffing on the rear fender, missing reflector on back of
      rear rack and some rust in bolt heads on the stem and elsewhere. Other than the
      crank weirdness it runs out nice. Selling it because I haven't ridden it much
      in the past two years, I don't commute any more, touring is not in the near
      future and I've found an old mountain bike that I'm lusting after. I'm keeping
      the pedals/clips and amber blinkies. Asking $250 OBO plus actual shipping from
      65803 zip (may have to ship in two boxes what with the fenders and racks -- no
      packing fees).

      YEAR: 1991
      BRAND: Giant
      MODEL: Excursion
      FRAME: TIG welded triple-butted cromo
      CRANK: SR Super Custom triple (50x42x30)
      BOTTOM BRACKET: SunTour Grease Guard
      PEDALS: None
      FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano LX
      REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano LX
      SHIFTERS: Shimano STI (rapid fire style)
      CASSETTE: ?? (13-28)
      HUBS: Shimano 600
      RIMS: Matrix Titan, 27"
      TIRES: Continental Super Sport 27" x 1-1/8"
      LEVERS: Shimano
      CALIPERS: Shimano Deore DX cantilever
      BARS: ?? -- Tioga grips
      STEM: ??