1988 1/2 BRIDGESTONE RB-1 SYNERGY RACING BIKE

  • Cycletruck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2002
      I'm selling this for a friend.
      I've set the reserve at $500.

      Calvert Guthrie
      Kansas City

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862236110

      <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862236110">Click here: eBay item 1862236110 (Ends Sep-29-02 18:57:54 PDT ) - 1988 1/2
      BRIDGESTONE RB-1 SYNERGY RACING BIKE</A>

      1988 1/2 BRIDGESTONE RB-1 SYNERGY RACING BIKE. This was the top of the line
      Bridgestone--a quintessential BOBish bike & grandmama of the esteemed
      Rivendell line.

      This UNCOMMON 1988 1/2 mid-year model is hard to find in this size & is the
      only model with this color scheme, as some BOBish (Bridgestone Owners Bunch)
      types have pointed out to me.

      Handmade, lugged, feather-weight, with triple-butted, Ishiwata ExLite 4130,
      Cromoly tubing. Fine forged dropouts. Standover height: 70.5 cm (27 3/4") C-c
      frame size: 47.5 cm (49 cm c-t).

      Originally set up and sold at Sarah Gibson's Old Town Cyclery along the Santa
      Fe Trail in Lenexa, Kansas. Its had very little use but has some paint
      scratches that should be easy to touch out. The frame is carbon black & a
      very clean white--the easiest colors to match with a brush or a can. Decals
      are still largely intact.

      White & black. Red cables, cages, & trim. CRANKS & RINGS: Shimano 600. RIMS:
      Mavic eyeleted. HUBS: Rear--Shimano RX100, Front--Shimano 600. BRAKES:
      Rear--Shimano 105, Front--Shimano 600. LEVERS: Shimano 105 aero. DERAILLEURS:
      Front--Shimano 600, Rear--Shimano Light Action. SHIFTERS: Shimano Light
      Action. SEAT POST: Kalloy Uno. HANDLEBARS: Sakae. (If it were my bike I'd
      switch to moustache bars and barcons.) The handlebar stem is slightly dented
      and scratched, but otherwise stem is well-aligned and sturdy. SADDLE: Trek
      System I Shock-absorbing gel.

      The bicycle was acquired by current owner in 1998, & she has put no more than
      40 miles on it. Old Town Cyclery will do the packing. I'm currently partial
      to Fed Ex for shipping. Standover height: 70.5 cm (27 3/4") C-c frame size:
      47.5 cm (49 cm c-t)