silver Viner frame 55cm ornate lugs

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      Viner frame 55cm ornate lugs<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1060257392.html>

      Ciao CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > san francisco > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Viner frame 55cm ornate lugs - $175 (sunset / parkside)

      Reply to: see below
      Date: 2009-03-04, 11:27AM PST

      Frame for sale $175. This frame is a Viner (Italian) bicycle frame that appears to have a 55 cm top tube (center-center) and 55 cm seat tube (center of bottom bracket shell to center of top tube). It has nice horizontal dropouts spaced at 123 mm, so it could accept a 120mm track hub or a 126 mm road freewheel hub. It is aligned properly and has no dents or damage. It has brazed on cable guides on the bottom bracket shell, one of which is slightly crimped but should still function well. They could also be ground off and replaced with a modern plastic cable guide if you are willing to drill a threaded hole for a screw. There is an installed Hatta headset which is included.
      The bottom bracket threading is BRITISH (BSC) despite being an Italian bike frame. This frame dates from the late 1970s most likely.

      The bike appears to accept a 26.4 mm seatpost. Not too common, but easily available on Ebay.

      The frame accepts NUTTED brakes, not modern recessed bolt calipers.

      I bought this frame last year, at which time it was described as a NOS ("New Old Stock" frame. I believe it is in fact used and has been resprayed, because there are no original decals except a tubing sticker on the seat tube.

      It was also described as a 59 cm frame, which would be my size. It is smaller (55cm) and does not fit me, so I need to part with it to make room for other bike stuff. I listed this frame a few weeks ago but didn't include enough detail. I now have a set of pictures of this frame on Flickr, available at the following URL:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/berkeleybike/sets/72157614554186215/

      The front brake and Campagnolo seat post binder bolt shown in one of the pictures are not included.

      This is a classic steel frame with unusual lug cutouts in the shape of crosses. The fork crown is beautifully chromed. A nice frame for a fixed gear road bike or a classic 5 speed or 6 speed freewheel setup.

      Please contact me by phone if you want to buy it. I can deliver in the city of San Francisco. My cell phone is 510-847-3383.

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
      PostingID: 1060257392

      No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
      other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.