1993, Bridgestone, MB-1, pearl tusk, pics, 17", $675 (craigslist / Sacramento)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 9:33 AM
      1993, Bridgestone, MB-1, pearl tusk, pics, 17", $675 (craigslist / Sacramento)

      1993 Bridgestone MB-1 - $675 (Auburn CA. )

      Reply to: sale-1057314867@...
      Date: 2009-03-02, 1:16PM PST

      For sale $675 or best offer
      1993 MB-1

      Frame size
      17"

      Color:
      Pearl Tusk

      History
      The bike is in excellent condition. The bike has never been ridden off road. How could that be you ask? Well I bought the bike off my friend who owned a MB-Zip which eventually broke, as most of them did. Bridgestone was not making the Zip any more so they gave him a New MB-1 frame. In the meanwhile he had already bought another bike and needed to sell the new MB-1. I bought it for my wife who never road it. About a year ago I put some skinny tire and a set of full fenders on it and used it as commuter. The bike is a little small for me so I built up a commuter which I now ride; anyone who has been around cycling knows just how cool these bikes are. Bridgestone has cult following which still remains.
      Parts
      Some of the original Zip part made their way to current bike. This consisted of the Mavic Hubs, and 172.5 cranks, Ritchey roller stem and Dia-compe 986 cantilever brakes. The newer parts consist of Campy BB and headset, Shimano XT 7 speed shifters rear derailleur and LX front. Rockshox suspension seat post and a set of full fenders with custom made hangers lower the fenders to hug the tires. (it looks better.) The wheels are hand built, can’t remember what rims or the spoke used. The front wheel is a three cross, while the rear has three cross on the drive side and a radial pattern on the non-drive side. The bike has highly sought after original Tom Ritchey double crown fork.
      Other fun facts
      New the bike costs between $1515 and $1575 new,
      It weighed in at 25.1 Lbs
      Production run was 1000 bikes worldwide.
      Please follow the link below for a scanned copy of the original catalogue
      http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1993/index.htm

      Let me know if you have any questions
      Thanks
      Jeff