Picchio, red, pics, 62cm, $550 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Picchio, red, pics, 62cm, $550 (craigslist / San Francisco)

      Beautiful Large Italian Bike - $550 (petaluma)

      Reply to: sale-1055414241@...
      Date: 2009-03-01, 8:40AM PST

      Beautiful Italian Picchio road bike. 62cm ctt seat tube; 58cm ctc top tube; 33-3/4" standover. Mid-eighties. Columbus tubing. Exquisite lugwork!
      --Dura-ace six speed indexed shifting--works great!
      --Campy headset and brakes.
      --Dura-Ace crankset. 172.5mm
      --Shimano hubs laced to black red label Araya clinchers.
      --New Continental Gatorskin slicks 700 x 25c.
      --Wide bars: Black Salsa ergo 50cm(!) ctc.
      --Shimano 600 aero brake levers
      --Fizik saddle.
      --New chain; wide ratio six-speed freewheel.
      --Needs nothing--ready to ride!
      This bike has been re-painted by D&D of San Lorenzo: a gorgeous red with gold metal-flake. Gold pinstriping around the lugs, and 'whitened' cut-outs further beautify the bike. Rear brake cable routed into top tube (not original, I was told). Hardly a nick or scratch on the paint, but there are a couple of very small dings in the top tube. You can barely see "Picchio" pantographed into one of the seatstays. Fits my 6'-0" frame, but will accommodate much taller, for sure.
      As the late great Sheldon wrote: "Picchio? What the heck? We all know that there are some fine Italian builders we never hear of. This is one of them." Sheldon Brown had a Picchio fixed gear tandem: http://sheldonbrown.org/picchio/
      $550 firm.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/1055414241.html