High-end vintage road and mountain bikes from private collection (craigslist / San Diego)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      High-end vintage road and mountain bikes from private collection (craigslist / San Diego)

      Not mine ...

      High-end vintage road and mountain bikes from private collection (North Park)

      Reply to: sale-1055816401@... [Errors when replying to ads?]
      Date: 2009-03-01, 1:22PM PST

      Sadly, I need to thin out my vintage road and mountain bike collection. These bikes are all in excellent condition with high-end components; they do not even need a tune up.
      I would like to find these bikes a good home with those of us who can appreciate the high quality of vintage bikes--far superior, both in materials and craftsmanship and
      design--than their modern day counterparts. With one or two exceptions, all bikes are between $ 135- $ 450 , well below what they are worth to those who know vintage
      bicycle values. While I am not giving these bikes away, all, without exception, are priced ever so reasonably, with some roon, even, for negotiation, and discounts for
      those who buy more than one. Please no dealers, just individuals who want to own and ride and appreciate classic vintage bikes. GO GREEN!

      1983 Specialized Stumpjumper. Just one year after Specialized made mountain bike history by introducing the 1982 Stumpjumper, the first production
      mountain bike. 20 1/2" frame, silver, totally restored.

      early 1980's Klein mountain bike, Chehalis, Washington. Fire engine red. Smashing! 21" frame. Circa 1984-85. RARE early Klein mountain bike!!!

      early 90's Klein Quantum II road bike, Chehalis, Washington. 21". Awesome colors. Needs new tires.

      Mid-80's SR Pro Am road bike. Fully restored, including chrome drop outs, all original. 20 1/2" frame. Made during the Renaissance
      of Japanese bicycle manufacturing.

      1980 Holdsworth Mistral. 58 cm frame. Silver. All original. Holdsworth, virtually unknown in the U.S., is a very highly
      regarded British maker. This bike rides like a Rolls Royce. Reynolds 531 tubing.

      early 1990's Diamondback Apex. Purple "smoke" paint job. Mountain bike. 16" frame. All original. Great value!

      early 1990's Diamondback Apex. Mountain bike. Aqua blue.. 20 1/2" frame. Great value!

      Cannondale M700 mountain bike. 1979. 18 1/2" frame. Fire engine red. Totally restored.

      1959, celebrating its 50th anniversary, all original Swiss Army bike. One speed, three braking systems,
      Must have been stored in a wearhouse abroad. A true classic, includes leather tool kit, bell,
      built-in lock and keys, rack, fenders, mud guards.

      1980's handbuilt Trek USA road bike, Made in Waterloo, Wisconsin. These early Trek road bikes are highly collectible. Built to last forever. Suntour Superb.
      late 1970's Bianchi Superlugerri celeste green road bike, DurAce, 21". Awesome!
      And possibly a vintage 1979 Colnago road bike, MINT condition, the nicest bike I own. Noone would
      ever believe it is 30 years old. All Campy. A true dream bike. 50 cm.

      Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to show these bikes to serious
      buyers and vintage bicycle enthusiasts.

      Location: North Park

      http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/1055816401.html