Red 54cm Lyon, hand made steel road bike

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      54cm Lyon, hand made steel road bikehttp://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1049942489.html
      Enjoy CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      54cm Lyon, hand made steel road bike - $1000 (berkeley)

      Reply to: sale-1049942489@... [Errors when replying to ads?]
      Date: 2009-02-25, 8:41AM PST

      54cm Lyon hand made steel road bike
      Mechanic built and owned. I've almost $2000, and let me tell you: the ride is amazing. For those of you who haven't ridden a nice bicycle before - please come by and take the Lyon for a spin. It's a whole new way of getting from point A to point B! Steel bike frames have a wonderful feel and personality to them - and this bike is no exception. From the handmade steel frame, carbon fiber front fork, and the Italian Campagnolo group (gears and stuff that make it work) - it's a light, solid, perfectly tracking, beautiful ride.

      The campy group is all Mirage except for the Veloce front derailer, and the brand new Chorus rear cassette. Two gears in the front, 8 in the back.

      Gearing
      front: 53-39
      rear: 12-13-15-16-17-19-21-23

      Wheels are Mavic Open Sport, 32 hole, DT spokes, campy hubs (part of the group), Continental Open Sport 25 tires. The rear wheel is a standard three cross spoking patter, the front is a 2 cross, 2 leading-2 trailing pattern. It's a little different, but it hold a true just as good as the rear.

      Carbon fiber Reynolds Ouzo Pro front fork, Cane Creek S3 headset

      frame: Lyon Sport, hand made, Cross Frame. Reynolds heat treated 725 Chrome-Moly. Some of the nicest fillet welds that I've ever seen on the adjoining tubes. Check out the pictures. http://www.lyonsport.com/ You can also see that the bike frames retail for $1,700...

      3TTT handle drop bars, black Cinelli bar tape.

      Fizik Aliance Sport saddle, thompson elite seat post

      the pedals have been replaced since the picture, they're some all metal throw away Giant pedals. I've got some medium sized metal toe clips as well that I don't want. You can have 'em if you want 'em.

      The rear brake is also a little different because of the frame, the regular road Campy Mirage rear brake wouldn't work, so I put low profile cantilever brake. It feels different than the front, but works great.

      Okay I think that's everything. Oh, there's a computer too (odometer, clock, etc. wired.) Why I'm selling it? I've got two frames, and as much as I wanted to make this beauty work for me, it's simply a little bit too small. Rather than strip off all the parts, and move them to my other bike, I'm going to just sell this whole and working bike as it is.

      The previous owner of the frame had this ridiculous idea of "no brand names" and he actually got a grinder and ground off one pair of the water bottle screw in places and the surrounding paint. I've put a few screws to plug the holes, and painted it with clear nail polish to keep the water off the bare steel.

      This is no pre-made bicycle off the assembly line, it's got personality. It's a beauty of a ride and worth every nickel I'm asking for. I'm in no rush to sell the bike - I'll let it go now for $1000, or I'll wait until spring and sell it for a grand then.

      thanks for looking, feel free to email or call if you have any other questions.
      drew@...
      206-484-5096 cell

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests