1985, Ross, 292s Signature, blue, pics, 63cm, $300 (craigslist / Cleveland)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2009
      1985, Ross, 292s Signature, blue, pics, 63cm, $300 (craigslist / Cleveland)

      85 Ross 292s Signature / Shimano 105 Golden arrow - $300 (Canton/Akron)

      Reply to: sale-1016275333@... [?]
      Date: 2009-02-01, 10:53AM EST

      This is a 1985 Ross 292s, part of the signature series department run by legendary frame builder Jim Redcay. Don't let the name Ross fool you, this is a very high quality bicycle. The lightweight frame is built with Ishiwata EX triple-butted cro-moly tubing. The component group is the first incarnation of Shimano 105, Also called golden arrow, it was only manufactured for 3 years (1983-1986). 12 speed friction shifting. This bike has been completely restored, torn down to bare frame and built back up. It has fresh grease and bearings, new cables, new brake hoods, new (vintage) cloth tape, the freewheel was flushed and oiled, the chain was cleaned and lubed, both derailers were also rebuilt, and everything was meticulously polished. There are eyelets for racks in the front and the back. All of the parts are original except the saddle. Parts included that are not pictured, original toe clips and Ross straps, Wheel and rear reflectors, clear plastic spoke protector and the original Shimano branded brake hoods.

      This is a large bicycle, the seat post is 63cm c-t, stand over height is 35in. It is probably suited for a rider around 6'2". I can deliver this bicycle to Cleveland for the cost of gas. I will entertain any reasonable offers. I stand behind my work and will perform free minor tuneups for as long as you own the bike (you pay for parts, I will do the work free)

      Location: Canton/Akron

      http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bik/1016275333.html