Rare Classic Steel Lugged Moots Cross, Road Bike, Campagnolo

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2009
      Classic Steel Moots Cross, Road Bike, Campagnolo<http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/980881313.html>

      Enjoy CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend denver craigslist > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Classic Steel Moots Cross, Road Bike, Campagnolo (Parker)

      Reply to: sale-980881313@... [?]
      Date: 2009-01-05, 8:42AM MST

      Selling my really cool and rare Moots steel, lugged (mostly) cross bike. Frame uses whatever tubing Moots used that day, Henry James lugs and fork crown, Campy dropouts. Measures 54c center to center seat and 55c top tube. Seatstays have the oft-copied bend near the bottom for compliance. Frame has eyelets for fenders, braze on frt der mount, one inch steerer, 130 rear spacing and 27.2 post. Frame has the cool Moots alligator lugs at head tube and seat tube, see pics. Bike is updated with Daytona 9 speed ergo levers, Record derailleurs, very rare classic Campy cantilever brakes, Record seat post, San Marco saddle, TTT 120 stem and 46c TTT Forma bar. Will come with original Moots tig welded steel stem painted to match the frame. Crank is classic Campy Victory 170mm arms with 52/40 rings (it's the original compact crank, can install down to 34t small ring, and I probably have some spare rings). Pedals are new (a few years old, but never used) Koski SPD and I don't know if I can even find the cleats, but they use Shimano compatibles. Wheels are Centaur 9/10 hubs, laced to Torelli by Ambrosio rims with DT spokes and have very few miles on them. Bar tape is black cork and tires are Bontrager cross (28mm I think) and are about half worn, road ridden around my neighborhood. Bottom bracket is Shimano MTB, I think UN72 but I'm not sure, does it matter? Headset is Shimano 600 because the steerer is short and needs short stack height (wasn't me, I swear!). Any questions, please feel free to inquire. It's not as light as your generic POS aluminum cross bike (no, I don't know what it weighs and if that's a concern, you should probably go buy that new one at your LBS), but it's cooler than all of them combined. Speaking of shiny, it still is in most places. The decals are good and the paint is too for the most part, but it's got nicks and scratches, no dents or holes, looks great, never abused, I've had it for over ten years. Someone had some sort of sticker on the top tube that took paint with it when it was removed, but didn't go down to the metal, so the reddish primer shows, see pic of seat lug, it shows it there - It's about the size of an inch long piece of electrical tape. If you just want the frame, fork and original stem, or any of the parts off it, talk to me. But I'll be up front and tell you that I'm selling it to raise some cash, not because I hate having it around, and the complete bike is more in line with my goal for selling. I don't know what it's worth - go ahead and find one as a gauge if you can, but I'll toss out $1200 as a start. Located in Parker. Email this ad or call to come check it out or for more pics if you're interested. 801-687-0324.

      a.. Location: Parker
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests