Red 62 cm Faggin with Shimano

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2009
      62 cm Faggin with Shimano<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/975773664.html>
      Cheers CN WC CA
      PS I can go look for U
      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      62 cm Faggin with Shimano - $1500 (san leandro)

      Reply to: sale-975773664@... [?]
      Date: 2008-12-31, 12:19PM PST

      Here is your chance to get a great steel Italian road bike. A bike that will last a lifetime and not until the resin starts to crack from old age.

      It weighs in at exactly 21 lbs as in the photos. As you should know, that's light for ANY 62 cm bike except those throw-away racers with a one year warranty.

      The equipment shown below is either new or in very good shape.

      Shifters: Dura Ace
      Derailleurs: Ultegra
      BB: Ultegra
      Cranks: Ritchey Compact
      Wheels: Shimano 540
      Bars: ITM Pro
      Stem: 3T Mutant
      Saddle: Specialized Body Geometry
      Seat Post: Thompson
      no pedals

      Faggin was one of the finest bikes from the Venetian area of Italy. Other great bikes from this region are Basso and Bataglin. All three were absolutely marvelous bikes though they didn't have the reputation of the Colnagos, Masis or De Rosas from Lombardy. Having ridden them all and owned most of these manufacturers I can tell you that the Faggin and the Basso are the best bikes I've ridden bar none and that includes the Time Edge which I presently own. (And which is only ONE pound lighter! and thousands of dollars more expensive.)

      When you're going down a steep bumpy hill you don't have to wonder if your carbon fiber frame is going to come apart. Not to mention that it rides better than anything else and gives you a road feel that no other material offers.

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests