Rossin Track Bike about 54cm

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Rossin Track Bike about 54cm<http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/968623423.html>
      Enjoy CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend minneapolis craigslist > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Rossin Track Bike about 54cm - $825 (Minnetonka)

      Reply to: sale-968623423@... [?]
      Date: 2008-12-24, 1:47AM CST

      I'm selling this bike because I have too many bikes. It's a nice, Italian track bike from the 80s. It is in excellent mechanical condition. It has been repainted using Dupont Imron paint, which is what was originally used. The wheels are hand built and almost new. Not all parts are original. Here is a list:
      - Frame: about 54cm Columbus steel frame with Cinelli lugs
      - Wheels: Campagnolo Pista hubs (modern model) with Campagnolo Lambda Strada rims (36 spokes, 3x, double butted DT spokes). Tires are Tufo tubulars.
      - Crank is Campagnolo Record modified for track use.
      - Handlebars and Stem are Cinelli (old logo)
      - Seatpost is Campagnolo, I believe it's Record. Saddle is Sella San Marco Rolls.
      - Includes original as well as replacement fork (currently installed) that can use a brake. Brake is Shimano Ultegra (modern) with a nice Goldfinger lever.
      - Bottom bracket is Campagnolo, probably Pista.
      - Headset is Campagnolo
      - Talk to me about pedals if you need them.

      Not all parts are cosmetically ideal (particularly the headset and to some extent the crank), but inwardly they are in great mechanical shape. There are a few scratches from storage that I can touch up if needed. I have an extra set of replacement decals, too.

      Price is firm since the frame alone could sell for more than $500 on eBay in any condition, and the wheels were expensive to build.

      Pictures are here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Cyrillic/sellingrossin/

      a.. Location: Minnetonka
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests