FS: 15 Shimano Sora Triple Front Derailleurs for Sale

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      Hi All,

      Sorry for the mass mailing, but I wanted to get this information out to a bunch of people with a minimum of fuss, and I thought many of the people in all these groups could be interested.

      A "virtual friend" of mine, an eBay seller, is in the process of moving. He knows that I like old steel bikes, so he gave me a heads up that he had 15 Shimano Sora triple bottom-pull front derailleurs, clamp size 28.6mm (for 1-1/8" seat tube), and he asked me to make him an offer.

      I offered him $7/each, feeling badly that I could not offer him more. He accepted, and charged me $10 for shipping the whole lot. I promised him I would find good homes for all these derailleurs.

      These are really great derailleurs. I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would pay so much more to get an Ultegra or a Dura Ace. They are light, they are sturdy, and they shift flawlessly. They are designed to work with an 8-speed cassette, and I do not know if they work with 9 or 10-speed setups.

      These are brand new OEM units. I believe they were "take offs" from bikes he stripped to sell the frames, wheels, etc.

      If you are interested in buying one or more of these from me, drop me a line and offer me a fair price. I am not looking to make a bunch of money off these, I just want to get them out there into the world where they will do people some good.

      Yours,

      - Forbes Black, Santa Clarita, CA

      Cycloculture - A Journal for Real World Cyclists
      http://cycloculture.com