1970s, Zeus, track, white, pic, 52cm, $1500 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      1970s, Zeus, track, white, pic, 52cm, $1500 (craigslist / San Francisco)

      Not mine ... (pic on site)

      Vintage Zeus Track Bike Fixed Gear Classic - $1500 (mission district)

      Reply to: sale-860688789@... [?]
      Date: 2008-09-30, 3:08AM PDT

      This is an early (judging by parts and reynolds tube sticker) 1970's Zeus Pista
      track bike. Condition is used but decent considering the age.

      Frame: Seat tube is 52cm center to center. Top tube is 54.5 cm center to
      center. The frame is made from Reynolds 531. Fully chromed fork and chromed
      rear dropouts. These bikes were made for the Zeus company by various French
      builders during this time. Both the headset and bottom bracket shell are french
      threaded.

      Crank/bottom bracket: These are not the original cranks and in fact are a bit
      older than the bike. TA went away from using this unusual three bolt pattern by
      the late 1960's. The cranks and bottom bracket are a matching set. The front
      chainring is 46 tooth.

      Headset: The headset was made by Zeus. Basically a copy of Campagnolo
      components of the day.

      Pedals: The pedals are also Zeus made. Again they are campy knockoffs.

      Hubs: Zeus hubs. 36 hole. They run very smooth and the threads are in perfect
      shape. The include the original nuts as well. Re-laced them to Mavic MA40 rims.
      Not the same vintage as the rest of the bike but the closest thing I could get
      my hands on that were french, non machined, and clinchers. Rear is laced 3
      cross and the front is radial.

      Seatpost: Nothing fancy here. Just a cheap American Classic Post. The seat tube
      is 27.2 and I never got around to finding a Zeus or similar post for this bike.

      Saddle: Zeus "buffalo hide" saddle. I got this a while after I got the bike and
      it was new old stock at the time. The logo has faded off one side but is
      otherwise in great shape.

      Bar and stem: Some strange French set up I have never seen before. The bars
      have a very unique bend from the stem clamp to the top of the drops that gives
      great clearance for your arms when sprinting. I am not 100% positive that these
      are track specific bars but if they are not they definitely would be considered
      criterium bars.

      Condition: All of the parts do have some wear on them and any where there is
      chrome finish there is a bit of pitting. There is some wear on the frame but no
      major dings or dents. This bike definitely saw some use in its day but still
      rides great.

      Seat tube: 52cm / 20.5 inches center to center Top tube: 54.5cm / 21.4 inches
      center to center Standover: 79cm / 31.2 inches floor to top of top tube Stem:
      110mm Bars: 42mm center to center Headtube: 11.0cm / 4.3 inches

      $1500 OBO

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/860688789.html