GT, Edge, black, pics, 58cm, $700 (craigslist / Boulder)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      GT, Edge, black, pics, 58cm, $700 (craigslist / Boulder)

      GT Edge road bike, custom fillet brazed in longmont - $700 (lyons)

      Reply to: sale-825655861@... [?]
      Date: 2008-09-03, 1:15PM MDT

      So, I'm trying to thin out some of the bikes laying around the garage that I
      don't ride. This one is pretty cool and very unique. I started working for
      Schwinn right before Schwinn bought out GT. With the buyout of GT also came the
      acquisition of GT's custom frame facility in Longmont as well as it's
      employees. Long story short, I picked up this custom hand fillet brazed, 853
      steel, GT Edge road frame from one of the GT guys that worked at the custom
      shop and lived in Lyons.

      He was about 6' tall and just a hair over 200lbs and this bike was built for
      him. He and I have about the same proportions but I'm a lot lighter.
      Surprisingly, this GT Edge is super comfortable and has impeccable road
      manners. Actually gotta say that it's the best riding road bike I own (since it
      was made to ride the roads around Lyons) but I'm the least sentimentally
      attached to it. Also seeing as how I ride on the road maybe twice a month and I
      have 2 other roadies and a cross bike, this one's got to go.

      The bike has a few nicks and scrapes, mostly shop wear. I had the frame for a
      couple of years before I built it. It's been built now for 3 years and I think
      I've only ridden it about 5 times. It does have a little ding on the top tube
      where the bike fell over onto the bike stand (while I was watching, of course).
      I only need $700 or so for this bugger, so let me know if you need to have a
      sweet stylin steel roadie added to your stable.

      Measurements:
      top tube - 58cm
      seat tube, c-c - 58cm
      chainstay - 41cm

      It's got a 135mm 3ttt Pro Chrome stem made of Columbus Thron tubing. It's the
      real deal. If no one wants it, I'll probably keep it, but this bike is just too
      cool to sit in a garage.

      Location: lyons

      http://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/825655861.html