1982, Trek 720/728, taupe, pics, 57cm, $165 (craigslist / Miami)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2008
      1982, Trek 720/728, taupe, pics, 57cm, $165 (craigslist / Miami)

      Not mine ... (but I know the seller -- good guy -- hey Kurt!)

      1982 Trek 728/720 Touring Bicycle - complete w/eyelets for panniers - $165

      Reply to: sale-813057796@... [?]
      Date: 2008-08-25, 10:05PM EDT

      Looking for an excellent, vintage tourer? Look no further then this beautiful
      1982 Trek 720 (or as Trek referred to it as a frameset, the 728). This machine
      is ready for touring, and is equipped with full eyelets for both front and rear
      panniers, Pletscher Esge fenders, Shimano Titlist FD/Acera-X RD, Stronglight
      double crankset, MKS touring pedals, comfortable Suntour Power shifters, Dia-
      Compe brakes, a brown suede saddle, and brand-new cotton bar tape.

      The 720 rides on a pair of stainless-spoked Araya rims with Shimano 600 hubs.
      Frameset is Reynolds 531 double butted throughout with Trek's unique 47cm 531
      chainstays for heel clearance against large panniers.

      Frame size/fit:
      57cm seattube (center to top)
      56 cm top tube (center-to-center)
      63cm standover

      Do note that there has been frame repair done to the rear brake bridge. Not
      particularly pretty frame repair, but effective. Paint color is not a perfect
      match, but it suffices:

      $165

      Interested? Contact The Bike Doc at our email above, or give us a buzz at
      (number on site).

      http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/bik/813057796.html