Late 1980s, De Rosa, blue, pics, 60cm, $1400, (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Late 1980s, De Rosa, blue, pics, 60cm, $1400, (craigslist / San Francisco)

      Late-1980s De Rosa SLX 60cm c-c with C-Record - $1400 (oakland piedmont /
      montclair)

      Reply to: sale-739021380@...
      Date: 2008-07-01, 7:49AM PDT

      This is a circa 1987 De Rosa SLX built with Campagnolo C-Record, painted
      Sammontana Blue, seat tube 60cm c-c, top tube 58.5cm c-c, 12cm Cinelli Stem,
      Cinelli 44cm bars, 175mm cranks. It's in great shape but for some paint / decal
      damage on the downtube, non-drive-side. See pics.

      It's a damn classy bike. Wheels are clinchers and I'm also including the
      original set of tubulars built with Campagnolo hubs and rims, as well as
      matching Alfa Romeo / De Rosa jersey and shorts in size "5" (L/XL) from the
      same period, and another Alfa Romeo jersey in blue. I am not interested in
      selling the clothes or wheels separately at this time. It's a package deal.

      Click the image below for more pictures, and make sure to click the "Full size"
      links if you want more details. Please look at the pics before you ask me
      questions about parts, tooth counts, etc. Yes I will ship for the cost of
      shipping, but only to the lower 48. Paypal + paypal fees (3%) is accepted in
      those cases. Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer.

      The person I bought this bike from bought it from the director of an east coast
      racing team. I think it might have been one of the Alfa Romeo team bikes. It
      has no serial number. I sent email to De Rosa, asking about it, and Cristiano
      De Rosa emailed me back the date of manufacture, but couldn't or didn't tell me
      for whom it was made. I've contacted one of the racers on the old Alfa Romeo
      team about it, and he thinks it's possible it was the race bike of one of two
      guys on his team. I can pass these emails on to you, when you buy it.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/739021380.html