Late-1980s De Rosa SLX 60cm c-c with C-Record

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Late-1980s De Rosa SLX 60cm c-c with C-Record
      email this posting to a friend s.f. bayarea craigslist > east bay > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Late-1980s De Rosa SLX 60cm c-c with C-Record - $1400 (oakland piedmont / montclair)

      Date: 2008-07-01, 7:49AM PDT

      This is a circa 1987 De Rosa SLX built with Campagnolo C-Record, painted Sammontana Blue, seat tube 60cm c-c, top tube 58.5cm c-c, 12cm Cinelli Stem, Cinelli 44cm bars, 175mm cranks. It's in great shape but for some paint / decal damage on the downtube, non-drive-side. See pics.

      It's a damn classy bike. Wheels are clinchers and I'm also including the original set of tubulars built with Campagnolo hubs and rims, as well as matching Alfa Romeo / De Rosa jersey and shorts in size "5" (L/XL) from the same period, and another Alfa Romeo jersey in blue. I am not interested in selling the clothes or wheels separately at this time. It's a package deal.

      Click the image below for more pictures, and make sure to click the "Full size" links if you want more details. Please look at the pics before you ask me questions about parts, tooth counts, etc. Yes I will ship for the cost of shipping, but only to the lower 48. Paypal + paypal fees (3%) is accepted in those cases. Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer.

      The person I bought this bike from bought it from the director of an east coast racing team. I think it might have been one of the Alfa Romeo team bikes. It has no serial number. I sent email to De Rosa, asking about it, and Cristiano De Rosa emailed me back the date of manufacture, but couldn't or didn't tell me for whom it was made. I've contacted one of the racers on the old Alfa Romeo team about it, and he thinks it's possible it was the race bike of one of two guys on his team. I can pass these emails on to you, when you buy it.

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

      Enjoy CN WC CA

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/739021380.html