Nearly new 2006 Colnago Master X-Light, 59cm, Campagnolo Record & Accessories

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      2006 Colnago Master X-Light, 59cm, Campagnolo Record & AccessoriesEnjoy CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend philadelphia craigslist > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      2006 Colnago Master X-Light, 59cm, Campagnolo Record & Accessories - $2500 (Horsham, PA)

      Reply to: sale-703766206@...
      Date: 2008-06-01, 4:42PM EDT

      Bicycle for Sale to a Good Home:

      2006 Colnago Master X-Light, 59cm, Campagnolo Record Groupo, $2,500.00

      I originally bought this bike in 2007 (a long time dream) as a motivational tool get prompt me to rehab after a serious motorcycle accident in 2004. Unfortunately for me, the body has not cooperated.bad back, bad knees, etc. I got to enjoy it just a handful of times on short rides. It is just a shame to have the machine sit in the house any longer. It is meant to be ridden. It really is in pristine condition. It rides beautifully. No wonder Eddy Merckx rode this brand back in the day!

      I am going to include a pair of Mavic Open Pro Cd-4 wheels built up on Shimano 600 Ultegra hubs (from my old Eddy Merckx ride that I traded in for the Colnago.) Additionally, a Zefal frame pump and a water bottle cage is included.
      The Frame alone (no fork) cost $1,900.00 when new. The wheelset alone cost almost $1,000.00 when new. The whole machine cost $5,000.00 at purchase.

      A similarly built up ride new today would still cost about $5,000.00

      I am accepting offers over $2,500.00 for the package. You would be hard pressed to find a less expensive ride with full Campy Record components and wheels like this. Scammers stay away. No, I will not ship it to Wherever-the-bleep-astahn. I would much prefer a face to face local sale with cash in hand. I will ship domestically from a local professional level bike shop at your cost once your cashier's check has cleared. Email me, and we can talk about it. Also, I have more pictures I can email including many closeups. Just ask. That said, don't ask if you want to haggle. This equipment is as good as it gets. If you can't afford it, keep saving or buy lower end stuff. If you know cycling, you'll know these prices are a bargin.

      Colnago says:
      Imagine... owning one of history's most sought after and influential road bikes ever created, the "Colnago Master". Ernesto Colnago taps into his decades of frame-making abilities which are evident in the styling and head-snapping performance of the Master XL. What makes this frame so special? The Colnago Master Extra Light offers extra strength and durability for the strong rider. Using Columbus DT15V tubing, the Colnago Master Extra Light road frame is considered the "workhorse" among the Colnago frame line-up. It can surely take the beating of a strong rider while delivering a lightweight, comfortable ride. When riding a Colnago Master Light, you will definitely leave the pack behind!

      Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Record
      Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Record Carbon (10sp)
      Brakes: Campagnolo Record
      Brake/Shifter Levers: Campagnolo Record Carbon
      Cranks: Campagnolo Record 172.5 mm (double)
      Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Record 102mmx70mm, Italian threads
      Stem: Easton EA-70
      Handlebar: Deda Elementi 215 Anatomic Handlebar
      Seatpost: Thompson Elite
      Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP (165 gm)
      Headset: Ritchey Scuzzy Logic Pro
      Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL
      Tires: Vredestein Fortezza 700x23c Road Tires
      Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace SPD-R

      If you could use the shoes, I have a pair of Sidi Scarpe Genius 4 shoes in size 46.5 (US equivalent is 11 3/4) that have the cleats for the Dura-Ace pedals on the bike. The wear on the shoes indicates just how little the bike was ridden. The shoes cost me $210.00 new, so I can't just throw them in, but would take $100.00 for them. I probably pedaled about 100 miles in these shoes. I have the box they came in too.
      I also have a Cyclops Fluid2 bicycle Trainer ($329.00 new), a riser block for the front wheel ($16 new) and a Cyclops rubber mat to ride on ($50 new). The trainer is their top of the line model, used by Lance Armstrong in warm-ups prior to every stage of the Tour d' France. I have never used this stuff. I tried the trainer once, but my bad back just won't allow it. I will sell this package for $250.00. Not kidding about the condition of anything. These items are in GREAT condition. Only 1 year old, same model currently sold in stores. If I could use the stuff I would not be selling it.

      a.. Location: Horsham, PA
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      PostingID: 703766206

      Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum