1977, Schwinn, Volare, red, pics, 21", $675, (craigslist / Portland)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      1977, Schwinn, Volare, red, pics, 21", $675, (craigslist / Portland)

      1977 Schwinn Volare- excellent condition (SW-PDX)

      Reply to: sale-707007541@...
      Date: 2008-06-03, 11:34PM PDT

      This bike was nicknamed the "Japanese Paramount" by cyclists in the late '70s
      and is a much rarer bike than the venerable American built Schwinn Paramount of
      the same era. Made for only 2years it is not often one of these comes up for
      sale. Reynolds 531 tubing, chrome everywhere, DuraAce/Crane components and in
      excellent condition. It's a size 21" which equates to a modern day 53cm.
      If you're a vintage collector or looking for a sweet vintage "everyday" rider
      this bike fits the bill very well. Add some chrome fenders and this would be a
      pimped vintage PDX rain bike.
      The only pieces that aren't period correct, as far as I can tell, are the
      freewheel, bar tape and perhaps the tires.
      The photos tell the story of this bike...

      Asking $675 or best offer. Don't be afraid to make an offer as I'm selling this
      bike to pay for a few recently purchased bikes and I need to sell it quick.
      Any questions- 503-475-5906

      http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/707007541.html