tall Diamondback $150 (CL Detroit)

  • Eric Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Not mine, no relation, etc. I don't see a rear brake in the usual spot, it
      says brake under frame - does that mean it's mounted where a kickstand would
      normally go?

      http://detroit.craigslist.org/bik/663514594.html

      26 inch bike - $150
      ------------------------------
      Reply to: sale-663514594@...<sale-663514594@...?subject=26%20inch%20bike%20-%20$150>
      Date: 2008-05-01, 11:54AM EDT

      diamondback 88 or 89 with sealed bearings brake under frame tall boy model
      for people with long legs good condition 586 775 4516

      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        > Not mine, no relation, etc. I don't see a rear brake in the usual spot, it
        > says brake under frame - does that mean it's mounted where a kickstand would
        > normally go?

        Eric,

        These would be chainstay mounted brakes ... (thought to be a more rigid place
        to mount the brake, but caused a lot of mud accumulation, etc.).

        http://www.firstflightbikes.com/_borders/MontareBWCrank.JPG