chicago cl mid-70's Raleigh Professional, Campagnolo Record, 531

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      mid-70's Raleigh Professional, Campagnolo Record, 531enjoy cn wc ca
      email this posting to a friend chicago craigslist > city of chicago > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      mid-70's Raleigh Professional, Campagnolo Record, 531 - $350

      Date: 2008-02-27, 5:09PM CST

      1975(ish) Raleigh Professional, 62cm. This is a top of the line Reynolds 531 steel roadie from the mid-70's. Full Campy Record componentry. Professionally repainted a nice jewel/metallic blue, though there is some damage to the paint in the usual spots. Small top tube ding, definitely structurally sound. This is a really beautiful bike that rides like a dream and has some very sexy classic touches (bottom bracket cutout, fastback seat lug), it would make a great classy commuter or Sunday driver. It is rather large, but it's on the shorter side in terms of wheel base and top tube. I'm 6' and normally ride a 58 and it's fine for me, not much standover but I have short legs. Depending on the person I'd say 6'-6'5". Everything has been thoroughly overhauled and works very well, wheels are true and shifting is smooth. $350

      a.. Location: Hyde Park
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests