55cm '80's Medici Pro Strada w/ Campagnolo - $ best offer

  • pdq911
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/592288667.html

      For best offer is this PRISTINE example of handbuilt steel framed bicycle. Columbus tubing with Campagnolo dropouts and tips. Record hubs laced to Mavic G40 rims. Full Campy group, which I believe to be Nuovo Record. 85mm 3ttt stem with Medici pantograph (I have the same stem in 120 in lesser condition)

      I am not positive about the year, but definitely an early 80's bike. Condition is, for its age, truly amazing. One small paint chip under top tube on seat cluster lug. One tear in the bartape on right drop. Other than that, immaculate. Note the coating on the derailleur cables, the painted windows in the lugs. Incredibly nice craftmanship.

      I absolutely love this bike, but sadly it is too small and while it looks quite lovely hanging from my ceiling, I need a road bike I can ride.

      Center to center measurements: Seattube 54cm toptube 55cm

      All reasonable offers considered. If you know what you are looking at, your offer will be reasonable. Best offer will take it, though the bikes next step is eBay. Feel free to ask questions and for more pics, though they don't quite do the bike justice.