Trek, 400, blue, pics, 56cm, $175, (craigslist / Orange County)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Trek, 400, blue, pics, 56cm, $175, (craigslist / Orange County)

      Trek 400 vintage lugged steel 56 Road Bike Campagnolo fixed gear - $175

      Reply to: sale-495761788@...
      Date: 2007-12-01, 4:51PM PST

      Here is a vintage Trek lugged steel road bike, back when Trek was a a smaller,
      handbuilt, artisan maker from Waterloo. Super nice True Temper steel
      construction with Cinelli style fastback stays. 56 cm ST and TT, so this bike
      will fit anyone 5'10" to 6'1" or so really well. It is the 400 series, with
      Campagnolo Croce d'Aune shifters, derailleurs, and crank. Dia-Compe brakes and
      levers. 27" wheels, though it will take more common 700C wheels with some long
      reach brake calipers. San Marco Laser suede saddle (the eye catcher for me).
      Long dropouts make this a perfect fixed gear donor bike. I originally bought
      this bike as a vintage restoration project, but right now I have too many
      things going on to let this sit in my garage. I'm sure you know how that goes.

      The bike rides well as is, but it is dirty and I have priced it as such. The
      vintage restorer or bike enthusiast might want to clean it up. If you want to
      turn this into a fixie, you could even sell the Campy stuff and saddle and make
      pretty much all the money needed for the conversion, and then some.

      Location: Huntington Beach

      http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/495761788.html