Specialized, Allez, frameset, blue, pics, 52cm, $50, (craigslist / Orange County)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      Specialized, Allez, frameset, blue, pics, 52cm, $50, (craigslist / Orange
      County)

      Specialized Allez frameset- vintage lugged steel- fixed gear- 52 X 54 - $50

      Reply to: sale-495752397@...
      Date: 2007-12-01, 4:52PM PST

      Here is a Specialized Allez frameset, lugged steel, cool blue color. It is 52
      cm c-to-c seat tube, 54 cm c-t-c top tube. The frame is adaptable and ideal to
      anyone 5'4" to 5'9" or so. Horizontal dropouts make it a perfect fixed gear
      candidate.

      Why is the price so low? Mainly, one of the edges of the binder-bolt collar
      area has broken off (see last photo). I have rigged the area with a bolt, nut,
      and washer and have ridden the bike like this. Works great and holds the post
      tight. You won't even notice it once you have everything dialed. A more
      industrious person might easily find a more elegant solution like shaving the
      other side off and using a common seatpost binder clamp. So I'll leave it up to
      you and your favorite metalsmith neighbor. Also, the frame has various
      scratches and mild surface rust in a few areas. NO dents or scratches.

      Also included (as pictured): Dura Ace seatpost (worth at least half the asking
      price), Shimano bottom bracket, threaded headset

      This frame is sold AS IS, at this price! Please, only serious committed
      inquiries. I like smooth, fast transactions via CL. E-mail me with your phone
      number for the promptest response. Thanks.

      Location: Huntington Beach

      http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/495752397.html