Re: [BOBishBikesFS] Univega, Gran Premio, maroon, pics, 22", $125, (craigslist / New Hampshire)

  • neves77
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2007
      From: bhufford3@...
      To: BOBishBikesFS@...
      Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:50 AM
      Subject: [BOBishBikesFS] Univega, Gran Premio, maroon, pics, 22", $125, (craigslist / New Hampshire)

      _._,___ Univega, Gran Premio, maroon, pics, 22", $125, (craigslist / New Hampshire)

      UNIVEGA GRAN PREMIO ROAD BIKE - $125

      Reply to: sale-414933217@...
      Date: 2007-09-05, 8:00PM EDT

      Univega Gran Premio Road Bike in EXCELLENT condition !!! This is a smooth
      operating 12 speed road bike ...new tubes and tires...chromoly triple
      butted...22" frame and 27" wheels(inc. tire)..down tube shifters...quick
      release wheels...Rhode Gear and Cannondale saddle bags...rearview mirror..and
      more !!! I paid $899.00 for this bike new.....This is a nice bike...nice buy...

      Location: Wakefield,N.H

      http://nh.craigslist.org/bik/414933217.html

      The more I ride my Gran Premio I got several months back the more impressed I am with it.
      It is such a steady and stable ride although it doesn't have that long of a wheelbase.

      After several years of reading how well many folks liked them I came across one in my size at a reasonable
      price and bought it. I have not been disappointed. I think mine is a 1982 or 1983 model.

      Did they really cost in the $900 range back in the eighties when they were new?

      Regards,
      Paul C