ID an old lugged bike?

  • frictionbridge
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2002
      I'm new to this group and have recently started cycling again after a
      too long layoff. Can any one help me with some background info on a
      bike I bought many years ago (early 80's). It is a "Araya" decaled
      (yes same as the rim people)frame (canary yellow). It is lugged with
      a lugged crown as well. The decal calls it a model MB267. I took
      the oem drivetrain off fairly early on and replaced it with top of
      the bar mounted Deore XT thumbshifters (friction/SIS)and deraileur.
      I can't remember what it came with. The bike is of a vintage that
      had bullmoose handlebars (integral stem and bar)and wide cantilever
      90 degree brakes.

      Any information regarding this frameset and bike in general would be
      appreciated.

      Thanks