Trek touring bike & equipment for sale

  • Roy H. Drinkwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Apologies to iBOBs & Touring listers who've already heard this song
      too... but I really hate to go to ebay.

      I posted this previously on the Touring list, but it's a very
      bobish bike. Due to work circumstances (no vacations over 1 week at
      a time), I won't be able to take that long tour this year (or next)
      so I'm going to sell my touring bike and equipment & get a track bike
      to go racing at Trexlertown. I just spotted a classic Cinelli, so
      I've got to raise some bucks...

      Trek 750 hybrid (very close to Trek 520 dimensions)
      19" frame (equivalent to 21" seat tube) /21" top tube.
      In comparison to a Trek 520, the chainstays are 1.5cm shorter
      (43cm) and the bottom bracker is .5cm higher (30cm) on the Trek 750.
      Angles and fork rake were the same. The standover is 31.0" (79cm)
      just in front of the saddle. Royal Blue, small minor scratches, no
      dents. I've been riding with panniers loaded with boxes of rocks
      (apx. 60 lbs) and it handles very smooth and steady.

      Components:

      Shimano: STX derailers and Crank (42/32/22t)
      Alivo hubs and cantilever brakes
      PD-737 SPD pedals
      11/13/15/18/21/24/28 cassette
      Indexed 7 speed bar-end shifters
      Matrix Journey rims
      Tange headset

      Special items:

      Continental Top Touring 2000 tires in 700x47c (big guys!)
      Mathauser brake shoes
      Odyssey brake straddle rods on front
      SKS P50 fenders
      2 Blackburn water bottle cages
      Topeak MasterBlaster pump
      Minora alloy kickstand (includes golf ball on end)
      Brooks B17 saddle in Honey
      Nashbar elastometer seatpost
      Nitto Technomic stem (the long one)
      Profile Stoker bars
      (got this setup idea from Harv on the Touring list , works
      great! <http://pacificcoast.net/~hwelch/my-520-000.htm>- pre-March
      '02)

      ...but wait, there's more!

      Eclipse rear rack and front low rider racks
      Eclipse front and large rear panniers (red)
      Eclipse handlebar pack (red)
      Cannondale rack pack (red)
      Cannondale frame pack (black)
      Kirkland stuff sack (red)

      ...but that's not all!

      Books (from early 1980's)

      Bike Touring: Sierra Club Guide by Raymond Bridge
      Backcountry Bikepacking by William Sanders
      Bicycle Touring in Europe by Karen & Gary Hawkins
      Adventure Cycling in Europe by John Rakowski

      Extra Special if you act now!

      Coleman Peak One model 400 stove
      with Sigg Tourist 5 piece cook kit:
      windscreen
      3 pots
      pot gripper
      and Sigg aluminum fuel bottle in red plus Sigg pour spout

      ... I've got to stop watching late night TV...

      Photos are at:
      <http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/roydrinkwater/lst?&.dir=/Trck+750+and+Accessories&.src=ph&.view=t>.

      $500.00 plus shipping, in two boxes, however for northeast
      riders I can deliver / meet in the Philadelphia/South
      Jersey/Baltimore areas. Thanks for your interest.

      Roy H. Drinkwater
      Lititz, PA
      <roydrink@...>