Retro Schwinn Cruiser

  • Forbes Bagatelle-Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      I might be pushing the limits of acceptable posts on this list, but
      what the heck...

      My neighbor built sets for "Home Improvement" back in the day. At
      some point during the run, they all got special versions of old
      retro-style Schwinn Cruisers, complete with gas tanks and all the
      other Peewee Herman-style bells and whistles. The bikes were made by
      Schwinn specially for the show. They have "Binford 6000" printed on
      them somewhere.

      I guess it is supposed to be quite a collector's item now. My friend
      has had it in the original box in his garage since he got it (years
      ago...). He is trying to get rid of stuff that he will never use, so
      he has decided to sell the bike to someone who will appreciate it. He
      takes extremely good care of his toys (mostly Mopar and Chevy toys,
      that is), so I am sure the bike has been stored in a safe place and is
      undamaged.

      He told me he has had the bike appraised at $1800, but he will take
      $1500 for it. He is as honest as the day is long, so I believe these
      numbers. I know it is a lot of money, but for the right collector it
      might be worth it.

      Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any
      suggestions about a more appropriate place to post this.

      Thanks!

      Forbes Bagatelle-Black
      Santa Clarita, CA