Size-53/53 Vintage Custom Columbine Road Bike Murphy Bros Columbine Cycle Works - $2195 (palo alto)

  • John P
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      Not mine. Pic on site:

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/288053844.html

      I have owned this Columbine bicycle since 1985-I received it for my
      40th birthday as a gift. It was custom-made in the early 1980s for its
      former owner by Columbine Cycle Works-Richard and John Murphy, the
      Murphy Brothers-in Greeley, Colorado-and was purchased thru Cycle
      Dynamics in Marin County, California. Specifications: Columbine;
      weight-22 pounds; size-53/53; color-purple/violet; frame/tubing-Super
      Vitus 983; group-C Record Delta; brakes-Delta; headset-C; seatpost-C;
      saddle-Concor; stem-Cinelli 2x; bars-Cinelli Giro; shifters + ft
      changer + rear changer + chain-Duraace; bottom bracket-C; crankset C
      170 53/42; pedals-Shimano Look; cluster-Shimano Duraace 7; hubset-C;
      spokes-Hoshi Blades/alloy nips; rims-Mavic open 4 CD; tires-Michelin
      Supercomp; cage-alloy; pump-Campy head steel. This bicycle was
      purchased for me for $4300; I am not sure how much the original owner
      paid for it when it was new. It has always been stored inside the
      house and is in excellent condition. I have not ridden it in 15 years
      and have decided that a bicycle this fine needs to belong to someone
      who will cherish it. It is a beautiful piece of machinery that needs
      to be ridden to be fully appreciated.