'90s, Waterford, Paramount, black/red fade, pics, $895, 57.5cm, (craigslist / Central New Jersey)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2007
      '90s, Waterford, Paramount, black/red fade, pics, $895, 57.5cm, (craigslist /
      Central New Jersey)

      Classic Road Bike � Schwinn Paramount Waterford - $895

      Reply to: sale-287468431@...
      Date: 2007-03-02, 8:50PM EST

      Long before Trek ruled the cycling world, Paramount was the premiere ride. This
      bike was considered a top-of-the-line when it was built in the 90�s. Today, it
      is still a top frame 15 years later. It has a very thin-wall steel bike that
      absorbs road shock beautifully. It�s difficult to beat the ride of thin-wall
      steel. It gives titanium, carbon fiber and of course aluminum a run for the
      money. Waterford knows how to build them. This is a handmade bike made at the
      legendary Paramount Design Group factory owned by Schwinn in Waterford,
      Wisconsin. This same factory continues to make top of the line Waterford
      Precision Bicycles.

      The bike is in excellent overall condition. The frame fades from black to dark
      red and the paint is still bright, however it does have some small chips and a
      few minor scratches. The tires are brand new Hutchinson Excel with a duel red
      stripes. This bike is outfitted with DuraAce cranks/derailleurs, Ultegra
      shifters/brakes and Mavic Classic Pro Wheels with Mavic Classic Pro hubs,
      Thompson Elite seatpost, Interloc stem. The double chainwheel /crank does have
      some imperfections on the finish but in no way effects operation. The bike
      looks great and receives positive comments when others who know bikes see it.
      The paint scheme makes it look more like a contemporary bike than the classic
      that it is. I am the second owner. Both owners maintained the bike very well
      and it shows. Get it to ride or get it to collect. I seem to have less and less
      space to store things, so I�m letting it go. 57.5cm; $895. . I can email a good
      quality photo that you can zoom in and better see the bike.

      http://cnj.craigslist.org/bik/287468431.html