62cm Panasonic Dx-3000 - $150 (craigslist / Denver)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007

      62cm Panasonic Dx-3000 - $150

      Reply to: sale-273998146@...
      Date: 2007-02-05, 5:40PM MST

      This is a very nice Panasonic DX-3000 racing frame from the time when Panasonic
      made good bicycles. I believe it was made in early 1990s as an entry level
      racing bike. It is in nearly perfect condition with all the original Shimano
      105 7 speed SIS components that work great. This bike has seen very little use
      and still had the original reflectors on it when I bought it from the original
      owner. This was a great indication for wear because those are generally very
      flimsy and usually drop off after 100 miles or just rattle constantly. There
      are of course some scratches on this bike given its age but it has had a long
      life in the garage. I bought this as a winter bike but I've come across a
      cyclocross bike that will do better for me here so this must be sold to fund
      that project. This bike was completely taken down and rebuilt fully about 10
      miles ago. This includes the BB and headset as well as the truing of the
      wheels. The brakes and shifters were checked out as well. I rode it for a
      little bit before then and liked it a lot. The ride quality of a lugged steel
      frame is just great and so much nicer than my scandium racing bike. Would make
      a great training bike for longer rides or can be converted to a fixed gear due
      to the semi-horizontal dropouts. I will not be including the pictured seat
      because I just like it to much. I will be including some platform pedals to get
      you going if requested. I generally don't sell bikes with them because most
      people have their own favorite style.

      Frame Specs:
      Seat Tube - 62cm C-C
      Seat Tube - 64cm C-T
      Top Tube - 57.5cm C-C
      Stand Over - 34 3/4"
      Serial #8A02733
      Fully Lugged Tange 2 tubing
      Mangalloy Lugged fork
      Components:
      Shimano 105 Double Crankset
      BioPace rings 52/42
      Shimano 105 Front and Rear Derailleurs
      Shimano 105 7 speed SIS Downtube shifters
      Shimano 105 Aero brake levers
      Shimano 105 Single Pivot brakes
      Pads are in great shape
      Shimano Exage Sport Hubs laced 3 Cross to 36h Araya 700c rims
      13-25T freewheel
      Kalloy 26.6mm seatpost
      SR 44cm bars
      freshly wrapped with black bar wrap