'84 57cm Nishiki Cresta tourer - $400

  • pdq911
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      Not mine. Pix on link. My kind of guy...overhauls the bike, then puts it up for sale. And he did one heck of a job!!!

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/271120632.html

      NISHIKI CRESTA TOURING BICYCLE

      1984 Nishiki Cresta lugged steel touring bicycle. Completely refurbished; looks and performs like new. As I was working on the bike it became evident that it couldn't have more than 500 miles on it. The free wheel has no wear to the teeth or plating, and the chain measures no stretch.

      I took this bike completely apart, cleaned all races and bearings, polished and waxed the paint, treated inside each frame tube with Weigles frame saver, polished the burrs and rough spots from inside of seat tube, and reassembled with new grease, cables, housing, brake pads, and more. The bike is beautiful, with a very nice two tone dark blue/light blue paint scheme and silver lined lugs. List of new parts below. Quality!

      Some details:
      Frame size is 57 c-c top tube and 57 c-c seat tube.
      Standover height is approx. 32.5 inches
      Araya aluminum 27" 36 spoke wheels with NEW Continental Duraskin tires, new tubes, new rim tape
      Suntour MounTech front and rear derailleurs
      Suntour RT triple crankset 170mm length arms
      New cables and lined housing.
      New Kool Stop pads
      New SKS fenders
      NOS Zefal Hp pump
      New MKS pedals
      New Nitto noodle bars, 44mm wide
      New Nitto Technomic deluxe 8 cm stem (can be swapped out for a different length)
      Stock rear rack
      Stock Avocet Touring saddle

      Must sell. Need the room, or I'd keep it. More photos available on request