Re:Buying bicycles on eBaywith hassels or at least reducing them

  • michaelcummings
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2006
      Good list, Charles.

      >>I normally get a reply that honestly answers questions I ask. if not I am
      very wary of bidding.

      Total agreement.
      I once asked less than 1/2 that much, and some twit banned me from bidding.
      He said I seemed too picky.
      Ha! I say he was a junk peddler.

      Also, most people and many bike shops do a really shabby job of packing
      bikes.
      The forks will go right through the box unless they have some kind of block
      in them.

      And most civilians will leave parts loose to rub on each other.
      Bike shops know better, but some don't care.

      If the bike is being packed by a shop, speak with the guy packing it.
      He will take extra care because now he knows you.

      Michael Cummings, Orange CA

      _____

      <http://info.mailfrontier.com/>