Bridgestone 59cm RB-1 - $425 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Not mine ... (pic on site)

      Bridgestone 59cm RB-1 - $425 (berkeley north / hills)

      Reply to: sale-188899164@...
      Date: 2006-08-01, 11:12AM PDT

      This Bridgestone RB-1 59cm is a great bike. Those of you who are obsessed with
      them know that they were designed by grant peterson, now the owner of
      Rivendell. I believe this is a 1991. I think this bike is really great--but it
      doesn't fit me very well. I came to that conclusion and have had the bike
      mothballed in my garage for the past 15 months.

      Take a look at http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1991/pages/bridgestone-
      1991-30.htm for the original Bridgestone Catalog entry about this bike.

      I really like this bike, but it really is too small for me.

      I would rate the condition as good. There is a little bit of rust around the
      lugs and there are some nicks in the paint. Some of the parts are not
      original. It is not mint, it is not excellent, but it is generally pleasing to
      the eye.

      The brakes are Campy super record. The levers are also old Campy levers and
      one of them was taken from a bike that crashed, so it is a little bent.

      I think the wheels are wheelsmith, though it is not easy to tell.

      The rear derailleur and the shifters are Dura Ace.

      The pedals are look

      The front derailleur is Shimano 600, as is the crankset. The cranks are kinda
      short at 170.

      The saddle is a nice WTB road saddle and the seat post looks like a nitto
      crystal fellow.

      The stem looks like the original Ritchey.

      The tires are Panaracer Pasela 28s. They probably only have about 200 miles on
      them. I got them new not long before I mothballed the bike.

      I have kind of a lousy handlebar taping job on it right now and the chain is a
      bit stuck and should thoroughly cleaned or replaced. The teeth look to be in
      really good shape and I think the chain could easily be replaced without
      having to change out the cassette or the chain rings.

      I got this bike for a good deal and am happy to sell the bike for a good deal
      at $425. Please please please no low-balls. This is a fair price and I am not
      interested in selling it lower than that.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/188899164.html