  • A Swartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2002
      TREK 720 FOR SALE
      1984 Trek 720 touring bike. 54cm - Reynolds 531
      throughout and investment cast fixtures. One sweet
      touring steed in excellent condition. Overall, the
      burgandy-colored frame is in excellent condition with
      some of the usual nicks. Very minor corrosion (touched
      up) on 2 top-tube cable guides. The bike has low miles
      - all original components except saddle. Choice of OEM
      Suntour friction barcon shifters or Campy downtube
      (braze-on mounted) shifters. Original gum hoods are
      rather dry. Includes original front lowrider and rear
      Blackburn racks and 3 bottle cages - racks and cages
      all in matching blue. Tires are NEW Panaracer
      Tourguard folding 27" x 1 1/4". The originals were
      replaced by me due to dryness of sidewalls. Treads
      were still quite good - I will ship the original
      (radial if my recollection is accurate) tires also
      upon request. Half-step + granny gearing. If it fit
      me, I wouldn't be selling it - believe me. Will
      consider trade for same in ~56cm. $425 OBO + actual
      packing and shipping (estimate $60). Digital photos
      available to serious parties. See www.vintage-trek.com
      for actual specs. See the gallery section for a
      similar bike, same model and year.

      Andy Swartz, Madison, Wisc.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/