Hello... BOBish lurker here-->>

  • istanbul_tea
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2004
      I've got a 1985 Trek 520 that I bought from a nice fellow in Philly
      late last year.

      According to the vintage-trek website it's actually a sport-touring
      bike so I believe its geometry isn't quite as relaxed as a Trek
      touring bike and it doesn't have braze ons for a front rack.

      I am a VERY heavy guy and presently I'm using Panaracer Pasela 700x34
      tires on it...

      could anyone here recommend a tire that's wider and thus a bit more
      comfy for my weight in terms of ride comfort??

      Perhaps someone here has experience with this bike and would know?

      BTW, sorry that this isn't a for sale post BUT I thought someone
      might be able to help me out nonetheless.

      Thanks