Specialized Expedition (top line touring bike) - $275 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2004
      This may be a re-run ...

      Specialized Expedition (top line touring bike) - $275

      Reply to: martyray@...
      Date: 2004-01-21, 11:14AM PST

      For sale: Specialized Expedition touring bike. This was once the ultimate in
      touring bikes and mine proved faultless in 1200 miles, around europe, carrying
      all my own gear, camping equipment, food, etc. Also used extensively in
      commuting in the bay area. Size about 52-54 cm (didn't check). 18 speed without
      click shifting (but easy to upgrade if desired). Has racks, bags, fenders,
      pump, tool bag, bell, leather Brooks seat, 40 spoke rear wheel (heavy duty),
      tires are 700c x 35 (the fattest of the skinny type tires) multiple braze ons
      on the frame, repainted but no decals, color is a metallic gray. Handlebar is a
      bull moose style alloy mountain bike bar, original was a drop type bar, I liked
      this style better. Has large mountain bike/ motorcycle Magura brake levers
      (nice, heavy duty). Overall a nice machine for commuting, urban assault, or
      long or short distance touring with all your gear. Email me or give me a call
      if you have any particular questions.
      Marty 831-247-5863

      http://www.craigslist.org/sby/bik/22854307.html